Wednesday 9 May 2012

Final blog review


Final blog entry

This module has been one of my most enjoyable modules throughout my first year, but also a challenging module. There have been many new theories, models and concepts I have learnt, when I first looked at the module scheme, I did not think this would be an interesting module. However, this was made fun by my lecturer as it was not always just a normal lecture. We would also do activities involving the whole group which made it more pleasant. I believe that the aims and objectives of this module have been reached and have taken a lot from this module. I also believe this module is very important in a working environment.

During this module, I believe I have learnt many new interpersonal skills. I feel that I have developed in communication skills, this is because from the very first lecture where we did an ice breaker, I feel I have communicated well with my peers and made new friends. I also needed communication skills in group work when we did our first assignment and listening was also key in that assignment. This is because I had listened to others ideas in order to get the best result possible.

The most challenging blog to write in my opinion is the blogs with the most research in. A couple of exams are blogs such as the equality blog and reward blog. This because many times I could not find the research I needed which made it very time consuming.  I believe the blogs where you had to describe mainly theories and personal experiences the most enjoyable as I got to review the lectures and learn about myself in the process of doing these blogs.

If I was the module leader, I would change a few assignments. I feel that the group work assignment was a good assignment because I learnt a lot about working in a team and the conflicts that can occur in a team. However, I do feel it is unfair slightly because of the different groups chosen. In my opinion, the lecturer should choose the groups. The Lecture content was full of information, made fun by the activities in class. Therefore I do not have a problem and would not change anything with the lecture content. I enjoy the fact that if you turn up to lectures; you understand the theories more and will develop more skills. The activities for my lecture were amusing, whilst hard working at the same time. For my lecture, I appreciated the activities we done in class because otherwise, I believe I would not have enjoyed this module as much as I did.  I think activities and theory notes were balanced well overall. However, I would suggest either deadlines for blogs or exams instead. This is because many people find it difficult to work with without deadlines. If there is a deadline, people will have to do blogs earlier and we would not be under so much pressure if someone leaves it late. I suggested exams because many blogs are not secure and so people can look at others. Deadlines would also help with this as once it is passed the deadline, you should not be allowed to change anything. On the whole, this module has been one of my favourites and I have thoroughly enjoyed the first year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment